The Tokyo Disney Resort Vacation Package is a tour planned and organized by The Oriental Land Co., Ltd. (hereafter, “OLC”). Please ensure that you read these tour conditions before making your reservations.
- *These tour conditions shall become a part of the explanatory documents of the terms and conditions stipulated in Article 12-4 and the contract documents stipulated in Article 12-5 of the Travel Agency Act.
1. Agent-Organized Tour Contract
- (1) Clients joining such tours shall conclude an Agent-Organized Tour Contract (hereinafter referred to as the Travel Contract) with OLC. OLC shall arrange and manage the tour so as to provide accommodation as provided by the accommodation facilities and other services connected with this tour (hereafter, “tour services”) in accordance with the tour itinerary specified by the Guest(s).
- (2)The contents and conditions for the tour shall be provided in accordance with and in addition to the conditions displayed on the Tokyo Disney Resort Online Reservations & Tickets (hereafter, “Online Reservations & Tickets") website as well as the confirmation document, these Tour Conditions, and the OLC Travel Agency Agreement (for Agent-Organized Tour Contracts) (hereafter, “OLC Agent-Organized Tour Contracts”).
2. Reservation Methods, Contract Establishment, and Payment of Tour Cost
- (1)OLC accepts reservations for tour contracts by Internet.
- (2)The tour payment shall be paid in full by credit card at the time of reservation.
- (3)The Tour Contract shall be considered formed once OLC has approved the conclusion of a tour contract and the down-payment or complete tour payment has been received. If applying over the Internet, the Contract shall be considered formed once the notification of conclusion has been sent (via electronic mail) and said notification has reached the Guest.
Payment of Tour Cost by Credit Card
- (1)OLC will accept payment of the tour cost from the Guest’s credit card without the Guest’s signature on the specified form. In this case, the contract establishment date shall be considered to be the date of use for the card for tour payment.
- (2)If part or all of the liabilities for the tour costs cannot be settled in accordance with the cardholder’s contract by the card issuer when attempting to conclude the tour contract, then the tour contract may not be able to be concluded.
3.Conditions for Application
- (1)A Guest under 20 years of age traveling alone during the tour period shall provide OLC with the written consent of his/her guardian. Guests under 15 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- (2)We may not be able to accept your reservation if your party’s ages, qualifications, skills, or other conditions do not match those specified for tours aimed at specific Guests or tours with specific purposes.
- (3)We may not be able to accept your reservation if the number of people who can make reservations for that tour on those dates has reached its limit.
- (4)We may refuse client participation if it determines that he or she threatens to embarrass, inconvenience or interfere with the collective activities of tour participants.
- (5)We may refuse reservations from Guests for any of the following reasons.
- A.Designated gangster organizations or any member thereof, or a related party thereof or other anti-social groups under Law Concerning Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Groups (Law No. 77 - 1991) (hereafter, "Gangsters etc.")
- B.Legal entities or other organizations controlled by Gangsters etc. in conducting its business activities or any member thereof.
- C.Legal entities whose officers fall under Gangsters etc. or any member thereof.
- D.Any person deemed to be threatened to act against law or public policy and morals.
- (6)We may refuse reservations for other business-related reasons.
4. Issue of Contract Document and Final Document
- (1)OLC shall, following reservation application for a tour contract by the Guest, promptly send to the Guest documentation containing matters related to the tour, including the tour itinerary, tour service details, tour costs, other tour conditions, and OLC’s responsibilities (hereafter, the “Contract Document”). Once the tour contract has been formed, this Contract Document shall form part of the Tour Contract. The scope of the tour services arranged and the itinerary managed by OLC shall be as stated in this Contract Document.
- (2)Following establishment of the Tour Contract, the confirmation document (hereafter, “Final Document”) shall be sent via electronic mail approximately one week before the first day of the tour. (Defined in Article 9 (1))
- (3)Coupons (including Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea entry tickets. Hereafter called the “Package Kit”) required for the Guest to receive the tour services shall be provided at the Tokyo Disney Resort Welcome Center on the first day of the tour.
5. Included in the tour price
The accommodation, meals, tour charges (entry fees to Tokyo Disneyland® and Tokyo DisneySea®, hands-on program fees, etc.) as shown in the Contract Document or Final Document, as well as any taxes or services charges arising therefrom.
- *The above costs will not be refunded as a rule if the Guest opts to decline use of certain aspects.
6. Not Included in the tour price
Anything not laid out in Article 5 is not included in the tour price. Examples are shown below.
- (1)Additional charges at the accommodation facilities (parking, cleaning, telegrams, telephone charges, other additional eating or drinking charges of an individual nature, as well as any taxes or services charges arising therefrom).
- (2)Usage charges from hands-on programs or eating/drinking establishments that the Guest has reserved separately.
- (3)Transport expenses from the Guest’s home to the accommodation facilities, transport expenses between facilities unless otherwise stated, parking fees for facilities.
- (4)Medical costs for injuries or illnesses.
- (5)Tour escort or (licensed) tour guides.
7. Revision of Contents of Travel Services/Change of tour price
- (1)OLC may, after conclusion of the Travel Contract, revise its contents and services for any of the following reasons: natural calamity or disaster, weather conditions, civil unrest, suspension of services rendered by transport/accommodation facilities, provision of transportation not based on the original operational plan, governmental orders, or other circumstances beyond the company control. The company reserves the right to take necessary measures when safe, smooth tour operation in accordance with the itinerary is deemed impossible, or when there is valid reason to believe that the tour cannot continue. In such cases, GMT must explain in a timely manner its inability to function according to the Travel Contract under the circumstances. However, said explanation may be made after revisions are made when conditions demand.
- (2)OLC shall change the tour cost shown on the Contract Document when the number of persons in a party changes following establishment of the Travel Contract for reasons that are not under OLC control when the website states that the tour cost will vary in accordance with the number of persons in a party staying at the accommodation facilities.
8. Cancellation of Travel Contract by Guest
- (1)The Guest may cancel the Travel Contract by paying the following cancellation charges. In this event, the stipulated charges shall be deducted from the already-paid tour cost with the remainder being refunded to the Guest.
Cancellation of Travel Contract by Guest
*Calculated from the day before the start of travel.
Cancellation Fee (a) If cancellation is made on or no less than 21 days prior to the day preceding the date of commencement of the travel No Charge (b) If cancellation is made on or after the 20th day (10th day in case of a one day trip) prior to the day preceding the date of commencement of the travel (excluding the cases mentioned in (c) through (f)) 20% of the tour price (c) If cancellation is made on or after the 7th day prior to the day preceding the date of commencement of the travel (excluding the cases mentioned in (d) through (f) 30% of the tour price (d) If cancellation is made on the day preceding the date of commencement of the travel 40% of the tour price (e) If cancellation is made on the date of commencement of the travel (excluding the case mentioned in (f) 50% of the tour price (f) In case of cancellation after the commencement of the travel or of nonparticipation without communication 100% of the tour price
- * Cancellation after the start of travel refers to cancellation after some of the coupons included in the Package Kit have been used, following entry to or after the close of Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea or following checking in at the accommodation facilities.
- If payment is made via credit card, OLC shall receive payment without the Guest’s signature on the form specified by the Guest’s card. In this event, the date of cancellation notification shall be the card usage date, and the cancellation charges shall be paid at that point while the previously received tour cost is refunded in toto.
- Changes to the plan or departure date following establishment of the Travel Contract (save for changes to hotel or room type) shall be subject to the above charges. (It shall be treated as cancellation of the Travel Contract following by the conclusion of a new Travel Contract.)
- (2)In any of the following cases, the client may cancel the Travel Contract without paying a cancellation charge.
- a) When the contents of the Travel Contract have been substantially revised. However, changes shall be limited to the cases listed in the left side of the table in Article 13 and other important circumstances.
- b) When OLC has not provided the Final Itinerary by the date stipulated in the Contract Document (the matters listed in the written explanation of the relevant terms and conditions when the issue of the listed matters in the written explanation of the transaction conditions is treated as an issue of the listed matters in the Contract Document. The same applies hereafter).
- c) When the initial tour itinerary cannot be fulfilled for reasons that are the responsibility of OLC.
- (3)OLC may cancel the Travel Contract in the following situations (partially displayed). In this event, a penalty of an amount equivalent to the cancellation charges in Paragraph 1 of this Article shall be collected. OLC will bear no responsibility whatsoever for any damages to the Guest from this cancellation.
- a) If the client has not paid the tour price by the prescribed date, the Company may cancel the Travel Contract. In such cases, the clients shall pay the Company the applicable cancellation charge.
- b) When it becomes evident that the client does not satisfy the gender, age, qualification, skill or other requirements specified by the Company for participation in the tour.
- c) When the client is recognized as unfit to join the tour owing to illness or for other reasons.
- d) When it has been determined that the Guest falls under any of Paragraph 5 of Article 3.
9. Itinerary Management
- (1)The Tokyo Disney Resort Vacation Package does not include tour guides. The Package Kit will be provided on the first day of the tour, so procedures for receiving the tour services need to be carried out by the Guest themselves using the Package Kit. The Guest will be informed of the manner in which to contact OLC in the Final Itinerary.
- (2)When the Company confirms that the client may be not able to receive the specified tour services during the tour, the Company shall take all necessary measures to ensure that the client will receive tour service as specified in the Travel Contract.
- (3)When the Company must change details of the contract even after taking measures for unforeseen changes as specified in (2), GMT shall arrange alternative services. the Company shall make every effort to create a revised tour itinerary to serve the purpose of the original one.
10. Responsibility of the Company
- (1)In performing an Agent-Organized Tour Contract, if the Company, or the person whom the Company has had make arrangements as an agent in accordance with the provisions of Article 4 (hereinafter referred to as "Arrangements Agent"), has caused damage to a Traveler intentionally or by negligence, the Company shall bear the responsibility for compensating for the damage, provided that the Company has been informed within 2 years of the day following the date of occurrence of the damage.
- (2)If a Traveler has incurred damage due to a natural disaster, a war, a riot, the suspension of the provision of Travel Services of transportation and accommodation facilities, etc., an order of a government or other public offices, or any other event in which the Company or the Company's Arrangements Agent is unable to intervene, the Company shall not be responsible for compensating for the damage except in a case referred to in the preceding Paragraph.
- (3)Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 1, the Company shall compensate for the damage referred to in the same Paragraph caused to baggage within the limits of 150,000 yen per Traveler (except in a case where the damage has been caused by the Company intentionally or by gross negligence) if the Company has been informed within 14 days in case of Domestic Travel, or within 21 days in case of Overseas Travel, of the day following the date of occurrence of the damage.
11. Responsibility of Guest
- (1)If the Company has incurred any damage caused by a Traveler intentionally or by negligence, the Traveler shall compensate the Company for such damage.
- (2)In concluding an Agent-Organized Tour Contract, a Traveler must endeavor to understand the rights and obligations of the Traveler, as well as other contents of the Agent-Organized Tour Contract, making good use of the information supplied by the Company.
- (3)In order to smoothly receive the Travel Services mentioned in the Contract Document, should a Traveler have realized that Travel Services different from those mentioned in the Contract Document have been provided after the commencement of the travel, he/she must promptly notify the Company, the Arrangements Agent, or the provider of the Travel Services concerned to that effect at the place of travel.
12. Special Compensation
In accordance with the Special Compensation Regulations in the OLC Agent Organized Tour Regulations, OLC will pay compensation or a solatium for certain damages sustained to life, the body, or the luggage of the Guest through sudden and accidental exogenous accidents incurred by the Guest while participating in the tour.
13. Guarantee of Itinerary
- (1)Pursuant to the regulations in the OLC Agent Organized Tour Regulations, if there are any of the changes to the tour itinerary in the left column of the table below, OLC will pay compensation for the change to the amount that is the tour cost multiplied by the rate set out in the right column of the table below in accordance with the type of change.
- (2)However, the amount of the compensation for change to be paid for a single Agent Organized Tour Contract by OLC shall be limited to no more than 15% of the tour cost. In addition, if the amount of said compensation is less than 1,000 yen for a single Agent Organized Tour Contract, no such payment shall be made.
The tour cost that forms the basis for calculating this compensation for change is the cost of the tour inclusive of all additional charges. OLC shall not pay any compensation for change for cases caused by any of the following listed in the left column of the table below. However, this shall not apply for changes caused by lack of hotel rooms or other facilities or seats on transportation, regardless of the fact that transportation and accommodation services are provided by OLC.
- (a) Natural disaster;
- (d)Order of a government or other public offices;
- (e)Suspension of the provisions of Travel Services of transportation and accommodation facilities, etc.;
- (f)Provision of transportation services not according to the original service plan;
- (g)Measures necessary for securing the safety of a travel participant's life or person.
Changes requiring the payment of compensation for change Ratio (%) per case Before the commencement of the travel After the commencement of the travel (1) Change in the date of commencement of the travel or the date of completion of the travel mentioned in the Contract Document 1.5％ 3.0％ (2) Change in the sightseeing spots or sightseeing facilities (including restaurants) or other destinations of the travel to be visited mentioned in the Contract Document 1.0％ 2.0％ (3) Change in the kind or the name of the accommodation facilities mentioned in the Contract Document 1.0％ 2.0％ (4) Change in the kind of room, facilities, view, or any other condition of the room of the accommodation facilities mentioned in the Contract Document 1.0％ 2.0％ (5) Among the changes mentioned in the preceding Items, any change in the matters mentioned in the tour title of the Contract Document 2.5％ 5.0％
- Note1: "Before the commencement of the travel" refers to a case where the change concerned has been notified to the Traveler by the day preceding the date of commencement of the travel, and "after the commencement of the travel" to a case where the change concerned has been notified to the Traveler on or after the date of commencement of the travel.
- Note2: If a Final Document has been issued, this Schedule shall be applied by reading "Contract Document" as "Final Document." In this case, if there has arisen any change between the entries in the Contract Document and those in the Final Document or between the entries in the Final Document and the contents of the Travel Services actually provided, each respective change will be treated as one case of change.
- Note3:With respect to the change mentioned in Item 5, not the ratios for Items 1 through 4 but the ratios for Item 5 shall apply.
14. Date of calculation for costs and tour conditions
The date of calculation (date of record) for these tour conditions and tour costs shall be the date displayed on the OLC website.
15. Privacy Policies
- (1)OLC shall use the personal information obtained through reservations of tour or travel services to contact the Guest, as well as to provide the tour services requested by the Guest. In addition, OLC shall, as part of its operation of Tokyo Disney Resort, use the personal information provided by the Guest to  provide services,  improve products and services and develop new products, and  provide information of various types.
- (2)OLC may provide all or part of the personal information it has obtained to its Group companies or to Disney Enterprises, Inc. in the United States for the purposes listed above.
- (3)Please see the OLC website for details of how we handle personal information.
16. Court of Jurisdiction for the Tour Conditions and Terms of Service
The Tokyo District Court shall have jurisdiction of the court of first instance for any disputes arising from the use of this website, tour conditions, and terms of service.